Christmas is the season of giving.
We would like to encourage you to view your giving in a new way this Advent season by supporting many of the great charities that Northaven works with during the year.
You will receive a Christmas card for each of your recipients. You then address the cards to your friends with personal notes, if you choose. Each card indicates that you have made a contribution to the organization in the recipient’s honor and that this is a project of Northaven UMC.
Early in the new year, Northaven UMC will send your donation to the organizations you select.
All of the contributions will be recorded.
A single check will be mailed to each organization on the list. The names of the honored recipients will be included in the letter to the organization.
All contributions are tax deductible.
Parents, consider teaching your children the importance of giving to others by selecting an organization to honor someone significant in their lives such as a teacher, grandparent, aunt/uncle, or friend.
Why Alternative Giving?
• To celebrate and honor the ministry of Jesus Christ in the world during Advent and Christmas.
• To remember our friends and family during the holiday season of gift giving.
• To reduce the stress that comes with the frantic build up to the holidays.
• To reduce material waste and redirect the resources associated with consumerism—shopping, gift wrapping, gasoline consumption, etc.
• To give a gift that supports a cause or charity that is making a difference in the larger community.
For the organizations, your generosity represents a wonderful gift to help meet their financial needs and carry out their mission. Parents, consider teaching your children the importance of giving to others by selecting an organization to honor someone significant in their lives such as a teacher, grandparent, aunt/uncle or friend.
Alternative Giving Organizations:
Be sure to pick up an Alternative Giving brochure from a Church in Society Committee member in the Atrium on Dec. 3, 10, 17. You can also print our a copy here.